Windows Movie Maker has been a great video creation and editing tool for many who share videos on Youtube and other video sharing sites. The software is very easy to use and can be mastered by even novice video producers. The Movie Maker has been running smoothly until Windows 10 came along. The common problem with the Movie Maker running under Windows 10 is that upon opening of the program, the video appears normal but after a few minutes, the quality becomes poor and everything becomes blurry.
Experts have suggested various solutions but there is yet to be an effective fix. However, worry no more! I have found a very easy and straight forward solution to fix the blurry video issue in Windows Movie Maker.
The Easy Fix to Blurry/Low Quality Windows Movie Maker Videos
1. Start Windows Movie Maker
2. Import your video/images.
3. Add titles, captions if required. By this time, you may be noticing the decrease in video quality.
4. Here come the trick. Click on Project tab.
5. You will see two icons in the Aspect Ratio section. One says Widescreen and the other says Standard.
6. If widescreen is selected already, click on Standard.
7. You will notice that the video quality is back to normal. Yahooo! Wait, it’s not over yet.
8. Now switch back to your original Aspect Ratio. The video will retain its good quality.
9. Continue to make the video. You may notice the video quality becoming poor again. Repeat steps 5 and 6 to bring the video quality back to normal.
10. Save and export your video.
Hopefully this solves your blurry videos in Windows Movie Maker. Enjoy making your next Youtube hit.