2011 is termed as the year of the Tablets. That means, most of the brand name tech companies will be introducing Tablet PCs to the consumers. It all started with the introduction of the Apple’s iPad last year in April 2010. Apple sold 14.8 million iPads in 2010. The number clearly shows that a new trend has started in the alternate computer usage. Tablet PCs provide touch screen features and compact designs. It is becoming increasingly popular among youth and adults alike from all levels of life.
Below, we have listed 10 iPad like Tablet PCs introduced by well known brand names. Looks like Apple will have some major competition this year. Here it goes:
- Blackberry Playbook 4G – Developed by RIM, it will offer a 7″ screen with a 1Ghz Dual Core processor, front and rear cameras, 1GB RAM, 1080p HD video playback and HDMI output, audio playback, wifi, bluetooth all in a slate like tablet that weighs less than a pound. To be released early 2011.
- Samsung Galaxy Tab – Features an elegant design that packs a 7-inch capacitive touchscreen display with multitouch support, Android 2.2 Froyo with Samsung User interface, a 3 megapixel primary camera with LED flash paired with a front-facing 1.3 MP camera, wifi, HD video recorder and playback, flash player and more.
- Motorola Xoom – First device to run Android 3.0 Honeycomb. Larger display in smaller form-factor, 10.1″ display, 1080p HD support, first tablet with Honeycomb software, dual-core 1GHz processor, and a wide range of docking options, Wi-fi N, HD video capture and playback, front and rear cameras and more.
- Dell Streak 7 – Dual-core processing, 4G network compatibility, Adobe Flash 10.1 support, front and rear cameras, running Android 2.2, 7″ display, wi fi b/g, HD video capture and playback.
- Toshiba Tablet – 10.1-inch display, will run Android Honeycomb, Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor, capable of 1080p video decoding, Adobe Flash support, full-resolution video output via the integrated HDMI port, front and rear facing cameras, wifi N and more. Due mid 2011.
There are many other tablets that will hit the market this year. We will review each one of them in detail. Welcome to the new era of Tablet computing.