The new iPad has been having issues with overheating. Many users have complained that the battery become uncomfortably hot during usage. Here are some suggestiosn from Apple iPad users:
- Use the iPad and drain the battery to zero, meaning, dead. Then do a complete re-charge. Some users have mentioned that this does the trick.
- Avoid using the iPad while charging
- Reduce screen brightness, more the brightness the hotter it will get (kind of makes the new improved display useless)
- Turn off 3G/4G
- Avoid cases that totally cover the iPad
- Avoid using the iPad in direct sunlight
If all else fail, please contact the Apple Customer Care service.