Question: I use Yahoo Mail Android app to send and receive emails. However, as of late, my emails keep sitting in the Outbox and I get an alert after sending emails stating that my emails were not sent. How do I fix Yahoo Mail not sending emails?
Fix Yahoo Mail Not Sending Emails
If you are running an older phone, it is possible that the updated Yahoo Mail Android app may have issues sending emails. What happens is that once you send an email, the email sits in the outbox for several hours after which you receive an alert for failure to send message. If the message is sitting in your outbox despite your cellular data being active, it is an app issue rather than a network issue. When an email is not sent, you will notice a grey information icon on the three horizontal bars next to your Inbox.
Here are the steps to fixing this problem:
- Open your phone’s setting options by going to Apps > Settings.
- Tap to open Apps or Application Manager.
- Tap to open Yahoo Mail app from the list of applications.
- Tap on Force Stop.
- Tap on Clear Cache.
- Exit the Application Manager or Apps.
- Tap to open Yahoo Mail app.
- Tap on the three horizontal bars on top left corner.
- Tap on Outbox.
- Wait for about 10 seconds to see if the email is automatically sent now. If not, proceed to step 11.
- Tap on the red information icon next to the recipient’s name.
- Tap of Try sending again.
- The email will now to be sent without any issues.