You notice an awesome app in Google Play Store and tap on Install to download it. Unfotunately, the download never starts and you keep seeing download pending. You cancel the download and try to install again. Nothing happens, you still see the dreadful pending download status. Being an experienced Android phone user, you close the app and restart it. Still, no luck. You restart the phone, no luck. You lose your mind and wonder what’s wrong. You check your data/internet connection and it seems fine. Everything seems normal yet the app simply won’t download.
Fear not, with few simple steps, you will be able to download apps once again.
How to Fix the Pending Download Error in Google Play Store
Here are the steps to fixing the pending download error:
- Go to your Phone’s Settings.
- Locate Appication Manager or Apps.
- Locate Google Play Store app in the application list. It maybe under Running or All tabs. Tap on Google Play Store from the list of apps.
- Locate the Force Stop button and tap it.
- Locate the Clear Data button and tap it.
- Locate the Clear Cache button and tap it.
That’s it! Now, open your Play Store app again and you won’t see the download pending error. Go ahead, download that app you have been waiting for.